play is it!
the silver bullet
to access in
our grown-up world
this simple tool
3 year olds laugh
300 times a day
how many times
with 80 teachers
at the eugene library
here's some highlights
to share with you
from my workshop:
* For young children, PLAY, WORK, & LOVE are all one and the same.
* Play is the #1 way children learn. If our #1 goal is to teach (discipline) our children, then PLAY is our #1 discipline tool.
* Play is right-brained, so it reaches the emotional and somatic centers of the brain to transform stress in a way that talking can't.
* To use play as a discipline tool, first teach the tools as fun game of connection. Don't wait until a heated moment to try and utilize the tool - not the right time!
* Sample a parent/teacher favorite tool adapted from Conscious Discipline? Here you go!
You've got this play as your #1 parenting tool thing!
Hi friends, I write from the heart to tell my life story, and the story of those in my neighborhood called life. Research shows that our children's emotional & mental health is contingent upon us parents being able to tell our life story, or "coherent narrative." This is my coherent narrative, my life story in the making, with some of what I love in life too. My goal is to share my life in a way that is real, uplifting & positive- sometimes serious, sometimes fun. In my practice, I inspire parents to empowerment through reclaiming our life stories and learning respectful discipline. My work is my offering to our children- our future. Wishing you all a happy family!