There's just something about August....
this past week
we wrapped up the
summer magic 2019
group coaching program
thanks and love
to all the parents
who joined this
even if you
to join us live
here's a summer magic
summary to keep
close to your heart
lots of august magic
- and for a
into fall time
Summer Magic 2019 Summary
#1 Basic Needs Focus:
* The foundation for all you do in a day? Your basic needs. Be aware of your needs and respond to them as the #1 foundation for ALL you do in a day.
Basic Needs Include:
* Food, water, sleep and rest
* Quality time with yourself and other adults
* Positive outlets to express high emotions
* Community support
* Lowering expectations for yourself and your children when under stress.
Does this feel like a long list? Focus on just ONE basic need to meet this week.
#2 Play is your #1 Discipline Tool:
* The Latin root of discipline means "to teach." Your responsibility as a parent is to teach your children. The #1 way children learn? It's through play. So, play truly is your #1 discipline tool!
How to use play as your #1 tool?
* Take the current behavior challenge and turn it into PLAY to teach life skills. Making up a song, game, or puppet show to teach and practice life skills is the most direct and effective way to transform challenging behavior.
#3 Growth Mindset your Life:
* Roll with it! And let go of self judgement and criticism - because they are no longer needed with your GROWTH MINDSET.
Sadly, when you respond to your life challenges with judgement, criticism, shame, blame or resentment, you lock yourself into the very cycle you're trying to change. Instead, pick one parenting challenge and bring a Growth Mindset approach to transform it:
Heres' to your Summer Magic 2019.
Hi friends, I write from the heart to tell my life story, and the story of those in my neighborhood called life. Research shows that our children's emotional & mental health is contingent upon us parents being able to tell our life story, or "coherent narrative." This is my coherent narrative, my life story in the making, with some of what I love in life too. My goal is to share my life in a way that is real, uplifting & positive- sometimes serious, sometimes fun. In my practice, I inspire parents to empowerment through reclaiming our life stories and learning respectful discipline. My work is my offering to our children- our future. Wishing you all a happy family!