a happy home week
It certainly was a happy Happy Home Week.
Happy Home was just the medicine I needed, and I hope it was for you too. (Click here to catch up on your Happy Home.) And if you weren't able to join us live, here's some of the Happy Home highlights:
* Are you working on losing your patience/temper? You're not alone! This was the #1 challenge parents are working with.
* Basic needs, basic needs, meet those basic needs. I'd like to make this into a t-shirt and hand it out to parents everywhere. Because whether it's your children - or you - who are misbehaving, unmet basic needs are the common part of the equation 99.9% of the time.
* The strength is in the challenge. Whatever temperament challenge you may be experiencing with your kids, this always has to do with a temperament strength. In your Happy Home, we flip the challenge into its strengths.
* Want more patience, and less yelling? They key is more REST and RESTORATION.
* How can you do the most important (but hard to make happen!) things that can actually PREVENT challenging behavior from occurring in the first place?
* Do you have a strong-willed child? We talked about tools that work well, like helping and inviting children to problem with Curiosity Questions and making plans in Calm + Connected Moments. (Sadly, choices works less well for our strong-willed kids, but there are other tools!)
* Do you have a toddler? We talked about channeling and directly toddler energy with a physical sequence that's practiced as a fun game in those Calm + Connected Moments and can then be applied to the more "hyper" moments of toddler behavior.
* We celebrated the power our children have to help us become the BEST VERSIONS of ourselves.
And so much more!
Thanks to all who joined us for The Happy Home Week.
Next up, is the Happy Home Program kicking off TOMORROW!
This positive parenting foundations program is only offered ONCE a year!
Join us here.
Because a happy home is your birthright.
You Got This Happy Home.
Holidays 2019 are Officially Over
With a sigh a relief and a sad longing to do it all "just one more time," the holiday season 2019 is officially done.
I imagine this is what it feels like when our kids become adults.
Life is so bittersweet.
Last week, I talked about R-E-L-A-X-A-T-I-O-N because for the first time in a long time, I took THREE DAYS OFF from regular life. It was amazing. I forgot how powerful true rest and relaxation is for us as parents, and how rarely most of us get to truly relax. What a gift it was to make food and eat all day, everyday for 3 whole days. And play laser tag - see photo above- I love laser tag! It was the sweetest and our holidays were full of crazy & fun family times with my sister and her kids.
2020 is here
I don't mean to be fatalistic, or even get you with that "seize the day" kind of thinking. But this is TRUTH...
* Our kids will grow up.
* We will never get rid of our parenting mistakes and challenges 100% because they are part of being human and our mistakes are how we grow.
* Yet, parenting challenges can easily become a negative pattern, which usually results in negative kid behavior, and if this negative cycle goes on for years, it can cause subsequent, negative internal wiring for our children.
* Our children can always undo negative cycles they have with us - it's called therapy.
* Wouldn't it be great though to more fully trust in yourself, your parenting choices to transform negative cycles, and have more patience and presence with your children this year?!
As a Happy Home parent once told me, "Wow, Megan...Your classes are saving us thousands of dollars in future family therapy!" And that is my goal: to help you create your secure, happy, healthy and beautifully imperfect family from the inside out.
Build your Happy Home TODAY
Doing parenting "right" doesn't mean being perfect.
It means having access to the TOOLS + SUPPORT, so you can access your INNER WISDOM to parent in a way that aligns with your values - and all the hopes and wishes you have for your children and yourself.
Let's kick off this decade making life easier and more enjoyable for you as a parent. So you can be more RELAXED - and therefore have more PATIENCE and PRESENCE with YOURSELF and for YOUR CHILDREN.
Peace of mind and heart that your parenting choices are raising children who grow up to be healthy and happy from the inside out is EVERYTHING.
Join us for Happy Home 2020!
Happy Home 2020
Happy Home 2020 is full of short, practical tools to transform everyday parenting challenges into Connection + Cooperation by becoming a Compassionate + Confident leader in your family.
All positive parenting.
Join us to kick off 2020 with your Happy Home!
Hi friends, I write from the heart to tell my life story, and the story of those in my neighborhood called life. Research shows that our children's emotional & mental health is contingent upon us parents being able to tell our life story, or "coherent narrative." This is my coherent narrative, my life story in the making, with some of what I love in life too. My goal is to share my life in a way that is real, uplifting & positive- sometimes serious, sometimes fun. In my practice, I inspire parents to empowerment through reclaiming our life stories and learning respectful discipline. My work is my offering to our children- our future. Wishing you all a happy family!