As I checked in with parents in our community this week, three things became crystal clear:
#1 You all are AMAZING. You are showing up - and doing your best - to do what is best for your children to keep them educated. I'm celebrating you all 110%.
#2 There is a silent mental health crisis happening for parents that no one is talking about. None of us were born with capes. We're not some super- human-super-parents. No one cloned us - or at least is paying us extra - to suddenly do the job of 3-4 people with just one body, mind and heart.
In talking with parents, I've listened as you all cried, expressed your anxiety and/or depression, and worried that you are damaging your children emotionally in trying to be their teacher, get them to Zoom meetings and/or get their assignments in. (And yes, for some of you this time is actually wonderful - and that's great!)
But, if you're struggling, please know the vast majority of parents today are.
And there is NOTHING wrong with you.
The expectations on parents are not grounded in reality or what is possible and feasible for most us.
* Please do reach out to me or a another professional, if you need mental health referrals. *
#3 Prioritize Emotional Well Being
So what CAN we do?
We can reinvent this time.
We can reimagine it.
We can access our inner rebels to do what is BEST for ourselves and our kids.
We can focus on emotional well being and mental health, like our lives depend upon it - because they do.
And to do all this: we need access to more tools and support.
We need one another: our positive parenting community, now more than ever.
Join us for the FREE Happy Home Event!
5 Days to Create the Foundation for your Happy Home
The Happy Home Challenge is here to help you create the foundation for your happy home during these stressful pandemic times.
The Happy Home Challenge is for you if:
* You know in your heart that there must be an easier way, but you're not sure how to get there.
* You love your children with all your heart, yet you also feel so confused and defeated by their behavior AND how to get through virtual school.
* You are in need of some TLC for yourself as a parent.
* You want to begin this Fall season and Back to School with a fresh start and a serious reboot.
* You are excited to join an amazing community of families dedicated to your family's thriving during this stressful pandemic time.
Can't wait to see you in ONE week for our Happy Home Event.
There will also be daily giveaways from:
* Eco Kids Village , Marlene Dillon Empowerment Specialist, Essance Skincare, Goals with Tracy, and Lea K. Tawd.
Be good to yourself - and see you in one week for The Happy Home Challenge!
Hi friends, I write from the heart to tell my life story, and the story of those in my neighborhood called life. Research shows that our children's emotional & mental health is contingent upon us parents being able to tell our life story, or "coherent narrative." This is my coherent narrative, my life story in the making, with some of what I love in life too. My goal is to share my life in a way that is real, uplifting & positive- sometimes serious, sometimes fun. In my practice, I inspire parents to empowerment through reclaiming our life stories and learning respectful discipline. My work is my offering to our children- our future. Wishing you all a happy family!