by Rachel Hadiashar
taking care of our babies
trying to find time
to take care of ourselves
we all do so much
under the sun
amounts of one thing
in all that you do
more on courage here in this 3 minute video...
wishing you a week
and biggin' up
the courage within you
so you become
in the courage of being you.
p.s. it takes crazy amounts of courage to work on becoming a better parent. happy home positive parenting online program provides the tools + support so you can access your parenting courage. next session begins this october. click here for more info + to get on the waitlist.
10 seconds + 10 ways to love your life.
Because you deserve overflowing joy.
But the crazy thing about joy as a grown-up is:
we usually have to make it happen.
Here's ten simple ways...
1. Take a picture of some summer flowers just because, and look at it throughout your day. (My summer flowers from my favorite restaurant at the Oregon coast are above.)
2. Text someone you love what you love about them. Keep it short, sweet and heartfelt.
3. Hug your children with presence. Really soak up your connection with them.
4. Look at yourself in the mirror and say, "you are doing an amazing job. You've overcome so much and you're moving forward everyday with grace and positivity amidst the challenges."
5. Hold the door open for the person behind you even if you have to wait an extra 5 seconds to do so. Give them a big smile.
6. Place your hand over your heart and feel your heart overflowing with love for yourself. (There's brain science behind how effective this is.)
7. After the shower, later yourself up in your favorite lotion or some coconut oil and love the body that you're in.
8. Notice when your kids smile, and focus on how sweet and uniquely them their smile is.
9. When you are out for a walk, look for a special rock. Pick it up and keep it in your pocket for the rest of the day as a reminder of whatever it is you want to be reminded of.
10. Repeat "my life is a gift. my life is a gift, " until you believe yourself.
Thanks for reading this sunday message, and have a wonderful start to this next week of you.
summer magic taught me lots
the importance of rest + taking care of ourselves,
drinking lots of water + eating good food,
and having simple + low-cost things for the kids to do
ready to go
that's the basics of summer magic 2017
in celebration of summer magic
i started compiling all my favorite summer kid activities
here's the first 5 simple + low-cost activities for you
to make summer magic at home
have fun + stay tuned for the next summer magic kid activities!
Hi friends, I write from the heart to tell my life story, and the story of those in my neighborhood called life. Research shows that our children's emotional & mental health is contingent upon us parents being able to tell our life story, or "coherent narrative." This is my coherent narrative, my life story in the making, with some of what I love in life too. My goal is to share my life in a way that is real, uplifting & positive- sometimes serious, sometimes fun. In my practice, I inspire parents to empowerment through reclaiming our life stories and learning respectful discipline. My work is my offering to our children- our future. Wishing you all a happy family!