the season of giving thanks is upon us!
i first heard of gratitude branches
from this magazine
one of our school's art teachers
makes gratitude branches
with her class every year
this is my favorite crafts to get the:
* warm fuzzies
* thankful for life
* feeling blessed
* spirit of gratitude
going in your family
enjoy this gratitude branch craft
gratitude branch supplies:
* a tree branch from outside
* markers, crayons, or colored pencils
* hole punch
* yarn or string
gratitude branch steps:
1. go on a family walk looking for the perfect branch in your neighborhood.
each family member could have their own branch or
all family members could work on the same branch.
2. gather all your supplies in one area.
3. cut leaf shapes out of the paper.
4. write one thing you are thankful for each leaf. all family members can write or draw pictures of what they are thankful on their leaves.
5. hole punch the leaves.
6. string the leaves with yarn or string.
7. optional: wrap pretty yarn around your gratitude branch.
8. hang your gratitude leaves on your gratitude branch.
9. display your gratitude branch art piece in your home,
hearing my son say he's thankful for:
was worth it's weight in gold
gratitude is the #1 way to grow
all the things we love in our lives
enjoy this season of giving thanks!
p.s. did you enjoy this simple holiday craft to connect with you + your kiddos while creating beautiful art to display in your home? stay tuned for the holiday magic- not madness program i'll be releasing this week to have more FUN + MAGIC (and less madness!) this holiday season. i'll be sharing a special rate to celebrate that black friday thing after thanksgiving. happy holidays!
Hi friends, I write from the heart to tell my life story, and the story of those in my neighborhood called life. Research shows that our children's emotional & mental health is contingent upon us parents being able to tell our life story, or "coherent narrative." This is my coherent narrative, my life story in the making, with some of what I love in life too. My goal is to share my life in a way that is real, uplifting & positive- sometimes serious, sometimes fun. In my practice, I inspire parents to empowerment through reclaiming our life stories and learning respectful discipline. My work is my offering to our children- our future. Wishing you all a happy family!